Information for journalists about Mayflower Capital and Don Martin, CFP®
- Company incorporated by Don Martin on October 4, 1993. He is the sole shareholder. His title is “President”, but he prefers to keep it low key and say “owner”.
- Don Martin became a CFP® in 2004.
- The company stopped offering real estate financing services in 2005 and changed to offering only fee-only Financial Planning and Investment Advising. Please be aware of the difference between fee-only versus “fee-based”.
- Don Martin became a NAPFA member in 2006. NAPFA is an organization of fee-only financial planners.
- Don Martin, CFP® has worked in finance since 1980. His education is B.A. Accounting, M.B.A. Finance.
- The company has always leased commercial office space in the heart of Silicon Valley.
- The company is located 10 miles north of San Jose, 40 miles south of San Francisco in northern California.
- The company is licensed by the State of California, Dep’t. of Business Oversight (formerly Dep’t of Corporations) as a Registered Investment Advisor.
- Don Martin, CFP® is a source of creative, contrarian investment ideas that may be rarely available elsewhere.
- Don Martin, CFP® has been interviewed by Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswire, Kiplinger’s, Research Magazine, Financial Advisor Magazine, Business Week, Consumer Reports, MSNBC, Best’s Review, Wealth Manager, SmartMoney, Bloomberg, The Mercury News, New York Times, Boston Globe, Newsweek, U.S. News & World Report, USA Today, Money Magazine.
Donald Martin is a NAPFA-Registered Fee-Only financial planner and investment advisor.